LIFE IS THE FLOWER
LOVE IS THE HONEY.
A WEDDING FOR THE AGES
drink with joy & dine with gladness
For more than 150 years, Sts. Peter and Paul church, school house, convent and rectory, stood at the corner of Burgundy and Mandeville street in the heart of the Marigny.
Sts. Peter and Paul is still very much alive in the multitude of people who remember attending talent shows in the school, getting married in the church or or playing basketball in the back alley. See some of their stories below.
In 1850, the Faubourg Marigny was a working-class neighborhood heavily populated by immigrants and free people of color, many of whom worked on the docks of the nearby Mississippi River. There were churches serving the French-speaking and German-speaking Catholics downtown, but none serving the English speakers, most of whom were Irish.